Monday, June 12, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 REVIEW

Everything marvel touches turns to gold...unlike the golden people in Guardians of the galaxy volume 2. There has only been one marvel series that had always out done itself with each instalment and that was the Captain America trilogy, each film delivered more action and story than the original. Now, finally, we have a new champ. GOTG was always a surprise to me because I'm not a sci-fi kind of guy. Space and things like Star Wars were never an interest to me, but here comes Guardians. The original blew me out of the water because I initially entered the movie with very low expectations since I had no idea about it and it was a brand new entry and universe in the MCU. Needless to say, I was very impressed and expectations were surpassed in this sequel. My only question or concern was the heavy sexual innuendos and borderline adult language. Not that it mattered much to me, but it's a superhero movie directed towards a younger audience. I understand the original audience, who have been watching since iron man, are much oldet, but it's not a bad thing to keep things a bit on the cleaner side. You don't need language to sell tickets.
Overall, guardians kicked so much ass and has definitely put their own roots firmly into the MCU...and by roots, I mean cute, teenie tiny baby Groot roots. That little guy almost steals the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment